A hobby blog to get tips, ideas, reviews, resources, interests, leisure, pastimes, recreation, entertainment and travel.

Search This Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Blogging as a hobby

Blogging is my hobby. A hobby is an activity which you love to do, and "blogging" is only hobby which I love the most. It has combined my reading and writing passion at one place.

My blogging journey started more than 2 years ago, when I started searching the web to read "blogs" on variety of topics and soon my interest developed towards creating blog. I really enjoyed the learning process during all those days (and still enjoy doing it)

A hobby is defined by dictionary.com as:

"a subject or plan upon which one is constantly setting off; a favorite and ever-recurring theme of discourse, thought, or effort;..."

"Blogging as a hobby means blogging which acts as "a favorite and ever-recurring theme of...effort"; it also acts to put forth the author's "favorite and ever-recurring theme[s] of discourse [and] thought." The authors of these weblogs update and maintain their weblogs because they are a favorite type of internet medium, and the focus of their blogs (such as keeping in touch with family and friends) tend to follow "ever-recurring themes."

Hobby blogs, then, are those that make up the majority of the weblog community, those that are updated and maintained only as necessary or as desired by the author. They usually receive few comments, because the readers have less to read and the content is often not intended or capable of provoking ongoing discussions
."

Read some posts about "blogging as a hobby":

Blogging As A Hobby

- Is Blogging a Job or a Hobby?

- A very interesting post about "Hobbies" at "Lorelle.wordpress.com"

A few lines from the original post:

"Hobbies are personal, but sometimes hobbies are professional. Some people turn their hobbies into multi-million dollar companies, and others turn their hobbies into their blogs. Either way, what you do in your “free” time is your choice and another part of the puzzle of who you are.

A hobby is a complex thing. For some it’s their work, for others, it’s what they do after work. My job is my passion and I love it, but I know that I have to take mental breaks away from what I do in order to clear my head and keep the energy flowing. So I use hobbies to keep my brain active learning and trying new things."


For the post:
Hobby Blogging and Blogging About Your Hobby

- A post at "Blog Herald": Blogging For Hobby Or Money

- Turning Blogging From Hobby to Career

- Going Pro as a Blogger - Turning Blogging From a Hobby to a Career
♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Popular Posts