A hobby blog to get tips, ideas, reviews, resources, interests, leisure, pastimes, recreation, entertainment and travel.

Search This Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, July 28, 2008

Crafts sites for hobbyists

Making crafts is a creative hobby, which is very popular among women and children. Many of the crafters are making good earning from their crafts. So this hobby can be a work at home opportunity for you. I am reviewing few crafts sites, which are about different crafts. You can get ideas, tips and more site links from their sites. Hobbyists who love to create or make crafts at their leisure for personal satisfaction or for selling can get useful information from these sites.

1- Crafts hobbies is a blog with a focas on crafts articles.

Start your search from right side bar post titles or from site map where you can get all the post links to search easily.

Few of the titles are:

Learn Origami
Make Origami
Origami Instructions
17 Tips For Getting Balloons to Last Longer in Hot Weather
Making Your Own Bird Feeder
Bartering: A Modern Day Phenomenon
Bookmarks As Unique As You
Why You Need A Display Case
Setting Up Your Display Case
Make Your Own Citronella Candles
Learn Exactly How To Repair Your Sewing Machine At Home!
A Few Tips About Comic Book Bags
Invitation Envelopes - Make or Break Your Party
Make Your Own Lampshades
Link to the site:
crafts hobbies

2- The Artful Crafter is an article site about crafts. In Craft Tips you will find ideas and suggestions to help you work smarter, faster and better. Throughout the pages of The Artful Crafter, you will find suggestions about good tools to use, about good books to read, about good computer programs to use to help you do everything from graphics design, scrapbook creation or even website setup.

There are articles from Craft Plans & Patterns, Craft Tips and Craft Letters. All crafts articles are listed on the Crafts Ideas page.

They also provide you guidance if you want to make this hobby profitable, and do a business, site provides tips and ideas about it.

Few crafts you can find at the site are:

Beading
Candles
Collage
Computer Crafting
Cross Stitching
Decals
Decoupage
Digital Scrapbooking
Embossing
Fabric
Gift Bags
Gourds
Holiday Crafts
Homecoming Mums
Home Cured Clay
Jewelry Making
Leather
Mason Jars
Paper Crafts
Party & Wedding Planning
Quilting
Ribbon Crafts
Scrapbooking
Sewing
Soap Making
Stamping
Teen Crafts
Wall Coverings
Wood Working

Eileen Bergen, the creator of the site was a special education teacher for 15 years. The rest of the story she tells:

My husband, Chris, and I retired a few years ago. It didn’t take long for me to get bored with full retirement. Looking for something to do with my idle hands, I started designing my own greeting and calling cards using some user-friendly computer programs - since I had zero graphic design background.
My friends said they loved them; but I thought they were just being nice. When they started saying, “I’d like you to design some for me. How much would you charge?” I thought I might have the makings of a home-based business.

Since we live in a sparsely-populated rural area, I knew the local calling card market would quickly be saturated, so I moved on to place cards, invitations, and fliers. Soon my friends were bringing me completely unrelated product ideas. They said, “Eileen, you can make this!” So I started sewing again. I hadn’t sat at a sewing machine for about 30 years! Next came oilcloth tote bags, wine gift bags, panadières (fabric bread baskets), double eyeglass cases, etc., etc. I named my company … and life was good!
Two years later, after I had added beaded jewelry, fabric painting and woven bamboo placemats to my product line, Chris said, “Why don’t you put up a website? I can do the tech stuff … and with all you’ve learned in this business – what to do and, just as importantly, what not to do! – it would be very valuable to other home crafters.”


Resource link page.
♥ CONSIDER SHARING THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU LIKE IT ♥
Facebook Twitter StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Reddit Technorati Mixx Linkedin
[Get this Widget]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

Popular Posts